Thursday, March 25, 2004

Just got back from a show at the Showbox (in my temp. housing neighbourhood, downtown) with Matt, Mira and friends. It wasn't a band, rather, all the acts were guys just spinning records. Last night, we checked out the Vertical World climbing gym in Seattle. A week or two ago, we visited their Redmond location and found it a bit lacking -- my main complaint was that the routes were not very long and felt cluttered and hard to follow. VW Seattle was better but just as busy on a weeknight. Also, a day pass costs $16 (!) Getting there was a real ordeal. I wanted to avoid messing around on the bus for an hour or more to get myself all the way out to their location so I grabbed a taxi near my house with about 20 minutes remaining before I had promised to meet Mira. We then drove around the city for an hour looking for the address! The cab driver just didn't know where he was going and didn't want to call for directions. Eventually I gave up on him and just got out without paying. This left me in the middle of nowhere and very late. Another, much shorter, cab ride later I finally arrived. The trip only cost me $5 in fares, but an hour of quality climbing time. Next time I'll print off mappoint directions and hand them to the driver.

No comments: