Sunday, August 31, 2003

After a move I would categorize as "small ordeal," I'm back in Waterloo at 161 Erb. It was raining like crazy as I walked from my house on St. Urbain to the train station Friday afternoon. I had an umbrella and a garbage bag taped to my backpack to keep out the torrent, but my right arm got soaked from reaching out from the umbrella to push my bike (It was impossible to ride with that much stuff). I bought a ticket (at pretty much the last minute) for the fast 4 hour train from Montreal to Toronto, BUT I didn't realize that it doesn't have a baggage car, so as I sped west at 5pm, my bike, in a box, minus pedals and wheels, stayed behind at the baggage counter. I arrived in Toronto on time but Jen wasn't able to pick me up so I got on the late Greyhound to Waterloo because even though I had to come back into the city the next day for my bike, I didn't feel like sleeping in the train station. The next day (Saturday) we drove back in and spent the day at the AGO and MEC because my bike didn't actually make it on the next train, in fact it was on the next, next train at 4pm. It really goes to show that having more stuff than you can carry on your back makes life difficult, even if it is my beloved bike.

No comments: