Thursday, June 05, 2003

I met up with Mira last night, as she is now living here and officially bored. I saw her new place and we played pool at "Sharx" (?) where I ate what must be the worst nachos for sale in the city. The salsa was made with tabasco sauce. Mira technically won at pool three games to two, but both times I lost by scratching trying to sink the 8 ball. And both times I *did* sink it, just not where I said I would. People sometimes ask me "John, what's the harm in 'spinning' your players in foosball?" Well, its the same reason you have to call your shots in pool -- good players like to take as much randomness out of the game as possible. Sure you could play a game of pool where you just hit the balls at random and hope one goes it, or you could play foosball just spinning your guys like crazy and eventually someone will score, but that doesn't prove anything about who was the better player!

No comments: