Thursday, March 17, 2005

We've been lazing around San Pedro for the last couple days but today it's time to leave. This town has it all - plentiful fast Internet, great cheap food, cheap accommodations, the lake, great weather every day, but I must get back to Xela for the next trek on Saturday.

Let’s talk about food. There is a restaurant called Alegre Pub where we have eaten 50% of meals. For breakfast there I have the Full Monty which includes 3 sausages, 4 pieces of bacon, three eggs, mushrooms, tomatoes, toast, coffee and orange juice. It costs over $5 but is so worth it. Breakfast hobbyists take note.

One thing lacking in San Pedro is bookstores. There are a few, but at each one all the good books are not for sale but only for lending. I’ve been hesitating for the last few days because I don’t want to be in the position where it’s time to leave but I’m only half-finished my book and can’t take it with me.

This morning there was an earthquake. Too bad I was still in bed and too groggy to fully appreciate it. Maybe we'll get another, or maybe Seattle has one coming!

No comments: