Friday, July 25, 2003

Whenever I walk to the Movieland with my roommate Val. we pass by an apartment building on Prince Arthur with a stone wall that looks perfect for climbing. I sometimes jump up there for a minute or two just for fun but Valerie is an actual *real* outdoor climber so last night she invited her brother over, with equipment, for some urban bouldering. At about half past midnight, we all finished our beers, and headed out to the wall. I don't own climbing shoes so Val. lent me her old ones which were SO small they hurt my feet about a thousand times more than they are supposed to. (Climbing shoes are supposed to be tight so your toes stay together and can support your weight). The pain prevented me from walking but I actually did okay on the wall ... for the first 2 minutes until my hands got tired. That wall was pretty hard, and even the experts couldn't get past a certain point, so we walked back over to the hospital across from our house and gave it a shot. At about two o'clock we walked back to the house then went out to Bifteck for beer and foosball. Now we were playing the sport I am good at! I was feeling really good after winning us the table, when this guy walks up and wants to play alone against the two of us. Well, he soundly won that game, and it was a bit of an embarrassment. There's always someone better out there ...

No comments: