Friday, May 09, 2003

Here's an example of how "things always work out:" Yesterday I finally reached the end of my rope -- all my credit cards were maxxed, all my lines of credit were at their full, and all my bank accounts were at their overdraft limit. This has never happened before. There has always been one more card/account with money left on it. Not this time -- no tax refund and a long frugal school term had totally wiped me out. I spent my actual last last last 4 dollars in the world on lunch at "La Belle Provence" (fast food on the corner of St. Catherine and City Councellors), went home to make dinner with the last of my groceries, and wondered what I would eat tomorrow (today).

The next day, when I came in to work I checked my online banking hoping for a miracle and amazingly I had been paid, only one week into the term, something I never expected from our accounting people in Toronto. So, there you have it. My financial cycle is timed down to the very day.

No comments: